Financed by Office for Culture of City of Zagreb
PROJECT’S ID CARD
TITLE: 1st International Cartoon Exhibition ZeGeBOOM!
ORGANIZER: Trešnjevka Cultural Center (Trešnjevka Cultural Center, Stara Trešnjevka Park 1, 10000 Zagreb, email@example.com)
- Call for submissions/ acceptance of works: 01 May – 01 July 2021.
- Online exhibition / voting and judging: 05 July – 01 September 2021.
- Results / final exhibition: October 2021
(the organizer reserves the right to change the date due to COVID-19)
EXHIBITION: Modulor Gallery (Trešnjevka Cultural Centre, Stara Trešnjevka Park 1, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia) and / or digital exhibition online
EXHIBITION SELECTOR: mr. sc. Branka Hlevnjak, art critic
EXPERT ASSOCIATE: Dragutin Dado Kovačević, academic painter and graphic artist
PROGRAMME MANAGER: dr.sc. Ivan Hromatko
ABOUT THE PROJECT – IN SHORT
BOOM! CRASH!! BANG!!!
Who will know what is correct ?! Does it matter ?!
ZeGeBOOM! is an international cartoon exhibition that aims to become a regular every year.
It is dedicated to current topics that have marked the lives of not only the people of Zagreb *** but also people around the world in the past year.
This year’s theme is the earthquake (not just the earth shaking!) and the corona virus crisis.
The earthquake occurred during the coronavirus pandemic in Croatia. It was the third strongest earthquake in Zagreb after the Great Earthquake in 1880. (6.3 on the Richter scale) which destroyed many Zagreb buildings and encouraged the reconstruction and construction of the city.
On December 29, 2020, an earthquake near Petrinja (60 km from Zagreb) with a magnitude of 6.2 on the Richter scale occurred.
Seven people were killed and dozens were injured. Numerous buildings in Petrinja, Sisak, Glina and other places were damaged. The quake was also felt in Zagreb, and in addition to the whole of Croatia, it was felt in parts of Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Czech Republic, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Serbia. This was followed by a series of several hundred weaker earthquakes.
ZeGeBOOM! 1st International Cartoon Exhibition 2021
Zagreb – Croatia – European Union
There are various types of earthquakes, which shake us in addition to when the Earth protests something, gets angry or just stretches its huge back. We are shaken by a lot of things in the city, from traffic to crowds and queues, from new measures and media fears, we are shaken by poverty, lack of money, unemployment, homelessness, we are shaken by bad news, and we are shaken by too much love… (B.H.)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
The exhibition is open to all authors regardless of nationality, age, gender and profession.
You can participate in two ways:
- By filling out the application form and submitting the papers online, by clicking here -> APPLICATION FORM ONLINE
- By filling out the application form and submitting papers via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- APPLICATION FORM (MS Word) <- click to download
- Propositions for download: ZeGeBOOM! Propositions 2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
1st of July 2021.
- 1 – 3 cartoons WITHOUT WORDS.
- Submissions can be previously published, exhibited and awarded at other competitions
- FORMAT: A4 (210×297 mm), RGB, JPEG, 200-300 dpi, high resolution
Exhibition Selector, art critic mr. sc. Branka Hlevnjak, will select 1 work by each author for the exhibition and judging.
The five-member international jury consists of four well-known cartoonists and one representative of the organizers.
Each member of the jury selects 5 cartoons and evaluates them with points 1 – 5.
The audience has the opportunity to participate in the work of the jury by choosing the best cartoon online.
5 first-placed caricatures receive points 1 – 5, which are added to the marks of the expert jury.
- 1st – 3rd place:
- Unique T-shirt (personalized – print of the awarded cartoon, name of the author and the exhibition)
- All awarded authors will receive a Diploma.
- The full list of awards will be updated soon.
- Confirmation of participation in the exhibition authors receive on request by e-mail.
- All participants:
- Digital catalogue (via e-mail)
- Voting results (expert jury and jury of the audience)
- Free promotion of works and authors in the media and the public through the organizer’s website
FINAL EXHIBITION OF WORKS
Modulor Gallery (Trešnjevka Cultural Center, Stara Trešnjevka 1 Park, Zagreb, Croatia) in October 2021 and / or digital exhibition.
(organizer reserves the right to make changes due to COVID-19)
The exhibited works remain at the disposal of the organizer, who can use them for promotional and other purposes without royalties and further exhibit, stating the name and surname of the author and the name of the exhibition.